Important Moving Tip: Remember to Keep All Documents
If you are moving, you will have lots of important paperwork that you will receive. Whether or not you are buying a home or renting a home - either or you should file away all your documents for safekeeping.
If you are a homeowner you will get closing papers and if you are renting you will get a copy of your lease. In addition, you may receive other documents such as from your bank for the mortgage, etc; transaction documents of the sale; owner’s policy; insurance policy; agreements / contracts; documents from the inspection work; any financial or legal documents, etc…
Another thing to keep in mind is to make sure you receive any warranties for appliances, if you are buying a home with new appliances.
Keep receipts from your move also – as you may be eligible to claim your moving related expenses during tax season! To find out if you are eligible, check out our previous blog titled “Deductible Moving Expenses in Canada”.
These documents or any other documents you receive when moving to a new home are all important for purposes of reference or back up and taxes or any future refinances, so make sure to file away all your paperwork for safekeeping.
Labels: container moving in canada, deductible moving expenses, do it yourself moving, flexible move, long distance moving, moving documents
posted by Flexible Move @ Monday, August 29, 2011 1:54 PM
Beat the Heat – Summer Moving Tips
Summer is the most popular time for moving in Canada. School is out and the summer weather is here. For moving companies this is the busiest time through June to August. Everyone prefers to move during the summer season. But there are some crucial things to keep in mind when moving and packing in this heat!
Here are some tips to help make your summer move go smoother:
· Don’t forget to plan ahead and book your move! For moving companies – like us, summer is the busiest time of year. So make sure you book in advance to ensure you will book the dates you need. Waiting until the last minute could make planning much harder.
· Proper packing is essential! The heat of the summer can create moisture. So when packing your boxes, be sure to double up on the tape, especially at the bottom of every box. And don’t over pack your boxes, as the tape doesn’t hold as well in the heat.
· Make sure to defrost the refrigerator and/ or freezer if you are brining appliances! The heat will thaw the freezers and create water damage to your belongings. So it is imperative to make sure these appliances are defrosted beforehand. Then you can use them to store other items for more space.
· Be cautious when packing and moving electronics, as the heat can damage them! They should be wrapped with adequate bubble wrap and/ or towels to ensure maximum protection from the heat.
· Last, but not least, don’t for get to drink water! It is very important to have water and/ or Gatorade close for yourself and the helpers to stay hydrated. This will help keep you energized and help beat the heat!
Keep in mind during the summer months, moving can also be more expensive opposed to the non-summer months. So planning ahead is the best way to avoid the most expensive times through June to August. Some moving companies may charge more during these months and if weight is a factor then this could increase the cost of your move. With Flexible Move we do not weigh our moving containers, so weight is not a price factor when pricing your move.
Keeping these summer moving tips in mind, will help make your summer move a breeze!
Labels: canada, container moving in canada, heat, moving in summer, moving tips, Summer moving, summer packing
posted by Flexible Move @ Friday, August 5, 2011 11:09 AM