Beat the Heat – Summer Moving Tips
Summer is the most popular time for moving in Canada. School is out and the summer weather is here. For moving companies this is the busiest time through June to August. Everyone prefers to move during the summer season. But there are some crucial things to keep in mind when moving and packing in this heat!
Here are some tips to help make your summer move go smoother:
· Don’t forget to plan ahead and book your move! For moving companies – like us, summer is the busiest time of year. So make sure you book in advance to ensure you will book the dates you need. Waiting until the last minute could make planning much harder.
· Proper packing is essential! The heat of the summer can create moisture. So when packing your boxes, be sure to double up on the tape, especially at the bottom of every box. And don’t over pack your boxes, as the tape doesn’t hold as well in the heat.
· Make sure to defrost the refrigerator and/ or freezer if you are brining appliances! The heat will thaw the freezers and create water damage to your belongings. So it is imperative to make sure these appliances are defrosted beforehand. Then you can use them to store other items for more space.
· Be cautious when packing and moving electronics, as the heat can damage them! They should be wrapped with adequate bubble wrap and/ or towels to ensure maximum protection from the heat.
· Last, but not least, don’t for get to drink water! It is very important to have water and/ or Gatorade close for yourself and the helpers to stay hydrated. This will help keep you energized and help beat the heat!
Keep in mind during the summer months, moving can also be more expensive opposed to the non-summer months. So planning ahead is the best way to avoid the most expensive times through June to August. Some moving companies may charge more during these months and if weight is a factor then this could increase the cost of your move. With Flexible Move we do not weigh our moving containers, so weight is not a price factor when pricing your move.
Keeping these summer moving tips in mind, will help make your summer move a breeze!
Labels: canada, container moving in canada, heat, moving in summer, moving tips, Summer moving, summer packing
posted by Flexible Move @ Friday, August 5, 2011 11:09 AM
© Copyright 2011 Flexible Move. All rights reserved.